Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tips : When you get something in your eye

This can be a little bit annoying when suddenly something (can be dust or small particle) get into your eye
and it pushes you to wink several times until your eye neutralizes it by producing more eye drop/tears.
But sometimes it takes quite long for eye to overcome this 'annoying thing' and definitely it bothers you a lot.
I just remember small tips given by my mom when i was a kid, to overcome this problem in a minute (or less) which comes to 3 easy steps :

1. put salt into your mouth (just a tip of salt)
2. blink your eye several times
3. done, the problem is away from your eye

Since I am not familiar with work of human body and I am not a doctor either, I cann't explain to you why salt can help to overcome this problem.
My presumption is, salt will stimulate tongue and saliva gland and other system to work so that eye also get stimulated to produce more eyedrops than usual. Again this is just a presumption.

Anybody would like to share knowledge about this ? Your comment is most welcome....

No comments: